[kde-linux] KDE, shutdown and desktop annoyances...

Sergio Belkin sebelk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 01:38:26 UTC 2007

Sorry for the weird subject, but these things that seems unrelated, they
really do:
Sometimes I have problem for shutdown the system, I mean kde doesn't terminate
completely, so I have to go to a terminal and issue halt by hand.
Well, if that doesn't sound somewhat problematic, please keep on reading, when
I start again the system, I can't enter to my KDE session >:-( (after login
via K display manager) , that is what outputs to .xsession-errors:

startkde: Starting up...
kbuildsycoca running...
DCOP Cleaning up dead connections.
unix_connect: can't connect to server
(unix:/home/sergio/tmp/ksocket-sergio/dublin.ireland.home-1a81-46b798ba)
EOF

Note: I have set that KDE doesn't save sessions...

Well, problem doesn't end here, If I enter to a gnome session appears
duplicated the HOME folder.... (sorry for this bit offtopic, but I'm
interested both in keep on working and in kde error fixing)

Well, I'd thanks any hint/idea/help about this actual annoying issue... (I use
Mandriva Spring)

Thank in advance
--
Sergio Belkin