[kde-linux] KDE-menu: open sub-menus on click only

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Aug 8 10:30:07 UTC 2007

Thierry de Coulon wrote:

> I always hated "start-menus", from the first one I encountered in
> OS/2's "smartcenter"

OS/2's Smart Center was different, though - it was a menu of items on
your desktop, not a separately-maintained list of shortcuts like WinDOS
and KDE/Gnome use ...

> to kde or Gnome menus, not even to mention Winblow's. I
> use kicker (after removing the taskbar, another silly thing) to start my
> programs, displacing the kde-menu to the right as a mean of storage for stuff
> I only occasionnaly use.

Interesting - how did you get rid of the taskbar and the KDE menu? I
happen to find the taskbar rather necessary sometimes, I've encountered
a few apps that are not accessible via Alt-Tab if they have a dialog box
open, yet are accessible by clicking on their tile on the taskbar ...

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community