[kde-linux] KDE and Gnome running simultaneously?

pyrenaien at gmx.de pyrenaien at gmx.de
Tue Sep 19 23:57:11 UTC 2006

Hi!

I was deeply surprised when I realized that my KDE is apparently running on
top of Gnome. What's this good for? I have OpenSUSE 10.0 and I am using KDE
for the session. Nevertheless, /opt/gnome/sbin/gdm is running, and
evolution is preloaded, a gnome mail program. Then I killed gdm as root for
testing reasons, and afterwards the system was not able to log off - I got
a black screen. How can I get my system to just use KDE? I can't easily
uninstall Gnome because KDE uses some of its programs.

thx
--
NEU: GMX DSL Sofort-Start-Set - blitzschnell ins Internet!
Echte DSL-Flatrate ab 0,- Euro* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl