[kde-linux] Keep Window on top of all others

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Sep 11 12:58:43 UTC 2006

On Friday 08 September 2006 18:59, montolio wrote:

> It must be somehow possible to give windows a higher priority than an
> active fullscreen window. If I press Alt+F2, the "run application"
> window appears in front of the application running fullscreen (but it
> gets the focus, and the kicker can be seen). And sometimes message or
> yellow quickinfo boxes started by applications running behind the
> fullscreen window are raised above the fullscreen window (so technically
> it's possible)

Maybe because they appear after the other window went fullscreen.

> Maybe there is some way to lower the priority of the fullscreen window,
> so that it is still above the kicker, but behind xvkbd?

This could work, you would have to try overriding the settings for the
specific window.
For a normal window this can be done through the window menu (ALT+F3), maybe
it works for fullscreen windows as well.

Cheers,
Kevin
--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>