[kde-linux] Keep Window on top of all others

montolio montolio at gmx.de
Fri Sep 8 16:59:49 UTC 2006

Thanks for your answer,
but I already tried this without any success.
I tried for example

kstart --type override xvkbd
kstart --type Override --keepabove xvkbd
kstart  --keepabove --type Override xvkbd

and all other possible combinations of options kstart allows for, all to
no avail. Besides, if I'm using the --type option, --keepabove doesn't
have any effect.

It must be somehow possible to give windows a higher priority than an
active fullscreen window. If I press Alt+F2, the "run application"
window appears in front of the application running fullscreen (but it
gets the focus, and the kicker can be seen). And sometimes message or
yellow quickinfo boxes started by applications running behind the
fullscreen window are raised above the fullscreen window (so technically
it's possible)

Maybe there is some way to lower the priority of the fullscreen window,
so that it is still above the kicker, but behind xvkbd?
I've been searching the web for days, but have no idea, except diving
deep into low level kde code.

Bye,
Monty