[kde-linux] Konqueror and canceling a search

Dale dalek at exceedtech.net
Sat Oct 28 21:14:20 UTC 2006

James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> It can take a long time to cancel a search.  Next time, wait a while --
> it can take a minute or more.
>
> This is an issue that needs to be fixed.  The problem is just that it is
> very slow which I wouldn't call a bug.
>
> If Konqueror or the DeskTop won't launch KWrite, it is probably because
> the initialization was screwed up by killing Konqueror.  Open a Konsole
> and run:
>
> 	kdeinit
>
> This is a bug.  It should run: "kdeinit" automatically when needed.

Thanks for the reply.  I have a AMD 2500+ machine with 1GB of ram and I
have left it for a pretty good while, as long as 5 minutes or so, and it
has never given up.  It uses a lot of CPU time which it doesn't do when
it is searching.  During the search it only uses 10% or so, after I hit
the stop button it goes to about 90 to 95% or so.

I'm using Gentoo and I don't have any wild settings for the compile
process and this is really the only issue I have with KDE.  It just
seems odd to me.  That and it has been around for so long too.

I'll keep that kdeinit in mind and try it next time.  That will beat
logging out and back in.  Well, I can do it in less than a minute but
typing in kdeinit is faster.  lol

Thanks

Dale

:-)  :-)