[kde-linux] Konqueror and canceling a search

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Oct 28 20:12:18 UTC 2006

Dale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have noticed this happening for quite some time, even in KDE 3.4.  If
> I start a search for a file or a file containing certain text then hit
> "stop" before it finishes, it locks up and I have to kill it and restart
> Konqueror.  Of course, after you do that, if you click on a text file
> and want to open it with Kwrite, it fails saying it could not launch
> Kwrite, or any other app for that matter.  I have to log out of KDE and
> back in to correct this.
>
> Has anybody else had this issue?  Is this a bug or what?

It can take a long time to cancel a search.  Next time, wait a while --
it can take a minute or more.

This is an issue that needs to be fixed.  The problem is just that it is
very slow which I wouldn't call a bug.

If Konqueror or the DeskTop won't launch KWrite, it is probably because
the initialization was screwed up by killing Konqueror.  Open a Konsole
and run:

	kdeinit

This is a bug.  It should run: "kdeinit" automatically when needed.

--
JRT