[kde-linux] no local printer with Konqueror 3.5.5

Eike Lantzsch zp6cge at gmx.net
Sun Oct 29 16:35:48 UTC 2006

Hi:

System Debian Sid i386
KDE 3.5.5
local HP920c with CUPS on parallel port.

I find my HP920c from Openoffice.org writer, from Kontact, from Kate or any
Program but Konqueror. The printer appears with Control Center / Printers.
Konqueror just gives me the choice to print to PDF, Postscript, send PDF by
e-mail or send as FAX - no local printer.
Huh?
I didn't have this problem with KDE 3.5.4 as far as I remember. Im pretty sure
that CUPS is allright.

Debian-Problem or KDE-problem?
Can some kind soul please give me a hint where to look?

Thanx in advance
kind regards, Eike

--
Eike Lantzsch ZP6CGE