[kde-linux] hd partitions don't appear in storage media folder

Petrica Gasca petricagasca at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 21 20:20:47 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a very annoying problem with KDE 3.5.5, as when I acess the Storage Media folder I see only the devices (eg: USB key, CD-ROM etc) but not the actual hard-disk partitions.
The OS is a classic Debian Etch installation on a i386 machine with all the updates made.
When I boot up with KNOPPIX live CD (5.0.1) it all appears where it should be and the fstab file on both systems look the same.
Searching through the Internet I found out that it may be related to hal and/or dbus daemons (see : http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=406964) but I cannot find a solution.
Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance,

Petrica GASCA