[kde-linux] Starting ssh at log-in

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Nov 20 12:33:29 UTC 2006

I backup my work regularly using rsync/ssh/keychain/cron.  When I set this up
under FC4 I was asked for my ssh password immediately after the kde login
screen, so I don't know whether it became part of the kde login, or whether
that was just coincidental.  Now, under FC6, I start sshd when I first open a
console.  If I have not done that by the time the first cron is schedules to
run, it fails.

If it was part of the kde login, I presume there is something that needs
adding/editing.  Can anyone help?  That method was much better than the
current one.