[kde-linux] How to add KMix to KDE panel?

Mark Ness mark at noneinc.us
Tue Dec 19 23:27:51 UTC 2006

I have deleted the previous posts in this thread so forgive me if I'm
not understanding correctly.
If you want kmix applet in the system tray (next to clock), open kmix
and go to settings and
configure kmix and select dock into panel. This will add the applet to
the tray.
If you want it on the panel, just right click the panel select panel
menu -> add application to
panel -> multimedia -> kmix and you'll have a starter on the panel.
Personally I like the applet in the system tray. You can hover the
pointer over it and scroll the
volume or click to raise a volume control with a mixer link on the
bottom or that control. With
application starter, ALL you can do is start the mixer. No volume scroll
on hover