[kde-linux] How to add KMix to KDE panel?

Unga unga888 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 16:07:41 UTC 2006

--- Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:

> On Monday 18 December 2006 17:04, Unga wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > K-Menu->Multimedia->KMix Sound Mixer adds a small
> KMix
> > button to KDE panel in between System Tray and
> Clock
> > Applets. How to make this KMix button available by
> > default to all new users by a system wide
> > configuration?
>
> Actually this is the KMix application, not the
> applet.
> You can put it into the global autostart directory
> (based on your last email /usr/share/autostart)
>
> The KMix applet should be installable just like the
> printmenu from your
> earlier thread.

I have copied the
/usr/share/applications/kde/kmix.desktop to
/usr/share/autostart. Yes, I get the KMix icon on the
panel, but everytime I login it opens the mixer in a
window. Therefore, its really not as same as
K-Menu->Multimedia->KMix Sound Mixer.

I have configured the
/usr/share/apps/kicker/applets/kmixapplet.desktop in
/usr/share/config/kickerrc as before, but it doesn't
respond, ie, no action.

Regards
Unga