[kde-linux] Power Control questions

Kevin Kempter kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com
Mon Dec 4 14:54:03 UTC 2006

Hi List;

I want to enable power management/control using KDE/Fedora 5 on my IBM
Thinkpad (Z60m) laptop.

I went to the control center --> Power Control --> Laptop Battery.

Under the ACPI config tab  I clicked 'setup helper application'

Now I see options under the 'Power Control' tab but I'm not sure if this is
really power control or what I should set the options to.

I see a 'System performance' checkbox for both powered and non-powered states.
I'm not sure what the difference is between the pulldown options for
the 'System Performance' checkbox, they are 'performance' and 'userspace'

Also I don't know what LAV is for the 'Don't act if LAV is > XX'

any help per configuring this so on battery power my battery usage will be
conserved would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.