[kde-linux] User with different screen resolution

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Fri Apr 28 19:31:26 UTC 2006

On 06/04/28 10:40 (GMT-0400) Charalampos Alexopoulos apparently typed:

> The reason of this is that some 3D applications works smoother in lower
> resolution than i normaly use (1280x1024) but when i change resolution
> destroy the arragment of my desktop.
> So i was thinking about to creat a second user with lower resolution where
> i will have a different arragment of desktop optimized to that resolution
> and every time i want to use one of those 3D application i will change
> user.So its importand to change resolution at login time before desktop start.

Once KDE has been told to save the resolution a particular login wants,
that's how it starts up, so it doesn't matter if the login manager or
another session is using some other resolution.

Until the first answer in this thread, I didn't know it could be so
easy. I was keeping multiple versions of xorg.conf, then copying the
desired backup version to the real /etc/X11/xorg.conf right before
starting a new session desirous of some resolution other than that last
started under.

Right now, I have 1792x1344, 1024x768, and 1400x1050 KDE sessions all
running concurrently. It's great for testing web page designs.
--
"Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but
rather expose them."			Ephesians 5:11 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409