[kde-linux] kmail behavior

Paul Kaplan pkaplan1 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 28 09:25:22 UTC 2006

When I send an e-mail w/ kdemail it gets sent to the outbox and then, usually
within a minute when my smtp server is polled, it gets sent on its way,
without any intervention on my part after clicking on "send".

However I have fileter set up to move e-mails from one individual into a
different folder when they arrive and then forward them to another account on
at work.  The e-mails get moved to the correct folder and then appear in the
outbox, but don't leave the box unless I manually open the outbox copy (or
original) and click on "send".

Why isn't kmail automatically sending the messages from the outbox without my
intervention?
TIA
Paul