[kde-linux] USB camera

Andrew Walbran qwandor at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 05:05:51 UTC 2006

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 4:26 pm, Chakkaradeep C C wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On 4/16/06, Andrew Walbran <qwandor at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Did you turn your camera on ?
> > Yes. The problem is not that it is not detected, but that it shows up as
> > generic removable media rather than as a camera.
> >
> > I suspect that I will have to add some sort of identification code to
> > some file, but I don't know where.
>
> If nothing works out, you need to play with udev rules and hal to instruct
> them to mount your camera device  when it is detected. As what device is it
> getting identified? (/dev/sda or  /dev/sdb). I dont think this is a KDE
> problem.It would be good if you could go thru writing udev rules.
It is identified as /dev/sdb (/dev/sda is my internal SATA hard drive). I
don't want it automatically mounted, I just want KDE to recognise it as a
camera rather than as generic removable media. How does KDE determine whether
a USB mass storage device is a camera or not?

--
Andrew Walbran
website: http://user.interface.org.nz/~andrew/