[kde-linux] USB camera

Chakkaradeep C C chaks.yoper at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 04:26:37 UTC 2006

Hi all,

On 4/16/06, Andrew Walbran <qwandor at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:34 pm, SnapafunFrank wrote:
> > Andrew Walbran wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > When I plug my digital camera into my computer, KDE opens its new
> medium
> > > window, saying that a new 'Unmounted Removable Medium' has been
> detected,
> > > and giving an option to open it in a new window. However, the
> > > configuration dialogue has a specific 'Camera' option. How does KDE
> > > decide whether the new medium is a camera, and how can I make it
> > > recognise my camera as such?
> > Did you turn your camera on ?
> Yes. The problem is not that it is not detected, but that it shows up as
> generic removable media rather than as a camera.
>
> I suspect that I will have to add some sort of identification code to some
> file, but I don't know where.

If nothing works out, you need to play with udev rules and hal to instruct
them to mount your camera device  when it is detected. As what device is it
getting identified? (/dev/sda or  /dev/sdb). I dont think this is a KDE
problem.It would be good if you could go thru writing udev rules.

--
> Andrew Walbran
> website: http://user.interface.org.nz/~andrew/
> blog: http://qwandor.wordpress.com/

Regards,
C.C.Chakkaradeep,
Novatium Solutions Limited,Chennai.
http://www.novatium.com
http://www.yoper.com

--
"Sometimes it's better not to ask - or to listen - when people tell you
something can't be done. I didnt ask for permission or approval. I just went