[kde-linux] executing python program from desktop link

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Apr 11 12:11:46 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 13:50, Chakkaradeep C C wrote:
> Hi Kevin and all,
>
> On 4/11/06, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:

> > One possible reason for this can be a different environment setting.
> > For example if you set or change environment variables in the user's
> > shell configuration files (e.g. bashrc) then a program running in a
> > terminal will
> > see this change, but a program running in the KDE environment won't.
>
> Please find my attached bashrc file along with this mail.Am using Fedora
> Core 3. Is any settings in this file affecting me?

That depends on your python application.
and bashrc is just one of those files read by interactive shells but not by
the shell executing startkde

Do you start you Python application as an executable or do you pass it as an
argument to the python interpreter?
Did you try using full paths?

Cheers,
Kevin