[kde-linux] executing python program from desktop link

Chakkaradeep C C chaks.yoper at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 11:50:00 UTC 2006

Hi Kevin and all,

On 4/11/06, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 April 2006 13:07, Chakkaradeep C C wrote:
> > hi all,
> >
> > i created a launcher in the kde desktop to start a python program. But
> it
> > is not starting without selecting the "run in terminal" option being
> > selected. When i do this, the konsole window comes up. I would be happy
> if
> > anyone could tell me how to run python programs in kde desktop by
> creating
> > launchers.
>
> One possible reason for this can be a different environment setting.
> For example if you set or change environment variables in the user's shell
> configuration files (e.g. bashrc) then a program running in a terminal
> will
> see this change, but a program running in the KDE environment won't.

Please find my attached bashrc file along with this mail.Am using Fedora
Core 3. Is any settings in this file affecting me?

Cheers,
> Kevin
>
> --
> Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>
> Qt/KDE Developer, Debian User
> Moderator: www.mrunix.de (German), www.qtcentre.org

Regards,
C.C.Chakkaradeep,
Novatium Solutions Limited,Chennai.
http://www.novatium.com
http://www.yoper.com

--
"Sometimes it's better not to ask - or to listen - when people tell you
something can't be done. I didnt ask for permission or approval. I just went