[kde-linux] executing python program from desktop link

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Apr 11 11:32:07 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 13:07, Chakkaradeep C C wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i created a launcher in the kde desktop to start a python program. But it
> is not starting without selecting the "run in terminal" option being
> selected. When i do this, the konsole window comes up. I would be happy if
> anyone could tell me how to run python programs in kde desktop by creating
> launchers.

One possible reason for this can be a different environment setting.
For example if you set or change environment variables in the user's shell
configuration files (e.g. bashrc) then a program running in a terminal will
see this change, but a program running in the KDE environment won't.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>