[kde-linux] KDE 3.4.1 + X.org 6.8.2 + GeForce MX 4400 + nVidia modules = freeze... but not always!

Marcin 'golish' Goliszewski golish at niente.eu.org
Wed Sep 21 12:18:37 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 21 of September 2005 14:06, Jim Philips wrote:
> Looking at your logs, I would say you have a font path problem. It
> seems to be finding the path in /home/test. Maybe the font path is
> wrong or nonexistent for other users.

It's looking in /home/test/.fonts for the user named "test" (it's a
newly created account to demonstrate the problem). It's generally
looking for fonts in $HOME/.fonts/ (and yes, the path is right for
every user I tried - I've double-checked it). Every user has his own
$HOME/.fonts/, the contents of these directories is identical as the
contents of .fonts/ in my $HOME, the access rights are correct, the
owners of $HOME/.fonts/* match the owner of $HOME etc. So I don't think
this can cause any problems, at least none which I can spot.

--
 /---    Marcin     ||   Immortality is the   ---\
<=      'golish'    ||   only fate which is      =>