[kde-linux] 3.5RC1

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sat Nov 19 18:13:59 UTC 2005

Spoke too soon, I am afraid. After reboot, kdmgreat crashed out which
means ... no logon.

The crash was in the copy in my home directory, even though I had copied it
all to /usr/local and set the environment variables and ldconfig
accordingly!!

So I reset the environment and ldconfig to the 3.4.3 and this came up fine.
However, the /usr/bin kmail would not accept the Mail directory any longer. I
was able to explicitely run the 1.9 (apparently it references the 3.5rc1
components anyway) so I can read my mail. It did complain about no mime types
installed, however.

So ..
1. I need to be able to complete the compilation. I guess I should start this
out on /usr/local instead of my home directory in the future (since the home
partition is getting full with all the kde thingies).

2. What I DO have should work, however. Why would kdmgreet crash out and why
was it not running its .so from the directory I ldconfig'd?