[kde-linux] SuSE YaST2 Question

Merton Campbell Crockett mcc at CATO.GD-AIS.COM
Sat Nov 19 19:24:14 UTC 2005

This is not, specifically, a KDE question; however, members of this list
appear to provide reasonable, solid answers to questions asked.

I live in a "dead" zone.  Satelite and wireless service is unavailable due
to the surrounding hills DSL service is unavailable due to distance from a
central office..  I complained one too many times about noise on my phone
circuit and am, now, limited to a maximum of 28.6 Kbs when establishing a
connection to work.

Occassionally, I would like to apply a critical update to a system at work
from home.  Is there a way of running "/sbin/yast2 online_update" without
using the fancy X-windows interface?

Also, I notice that after one of the recent KDE updates was applied that
focus immediately switches to any "critical" message is displayed by an
application.  In the past, I would receive a visual cue in the kicker bar
that alerting me but focus would remain in my current window.  Is there
someway to stop this switching?

If the application is in another desktop and you have a remote X-window
open, you need to wait for the X-window to be refreshed by the remote
system when you return to the window you were working in.  Is there a way
to eliminate the refresh?

Merton Campbell Crockett

--
BEGIN:				vcard