[kde-linux] change "kde-config --install <type>" pointers?

Joe Friedrichsen pengi.films at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 11:10:45 UTC 2005

A follow up of a different flavor to my input method engine question...
I chose scim because skim (http://www.scim-im.org/projects/skim - a KDE
front-end of sorts) is available and very nice. However, I've noticed
that the install gets confused on my system: some header files are
installed into /NONE/skim/utils.

skim uses the build system bksys
(http://freehackers.org/~tnagy/bksys.html) to configure and install the
package. I can fully compile and install without any performance issues.
skim works well. Correspondence on the scim list pointed out that my kde
is confused itself. The skim configuration script uses "kde-config
--install <type>" to find installation directories. However, mine
reports "NONE" for "kde-config --install include". That single pointer
is the only one unset on my system.

The documentation for kde-config
(http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/kde-config.html) suggests
that these values are set at compile time: "--install gives the paths
kdelibs was compiled for". Is it possible for me to change/update that
pointer without having to recompile (I'm using debian testing, so while
a compile is possible, I'd prefer to apt-get things).

Please offer any suggestions that you have. Thanks!
Joe