[kde-linux] globally using an input method engine

Joe Friedrichsen pengi.films at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 08:42:04 UTC 2005

Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Friday 04 November 2005 10:12, Joe Friedrichsen wrote:
>
>> How does ~/.kde/env differ from ~/.kde/Autostart? At the moment,
>
> Things in .kde/Autostart are launched, files in .kde/env are sourced, i.e.
> they become part of the shell environment that executes startkde.

Great! Thanks for the clarification. Using Levi's startkde modification
to check my KDE environment, I successfully sourced my
internationalization variables from ~/.kde/env. I created a file called
i18n.sh which is:

# i18n.sh
# Set up internatinalization for KDE

source ~/.i18n

I've included ~/.i18n in my previous email.

And Levi, it appears I spoke too soon about LC_CTYPE. Now that KDE
sources from ~/.kde/env, I don't need to set LC_CTYPE to my desired
character type (for KDE/Qt applications, GTK still needs LC_CTYPE). So,
I'm half way there - I wonder if I have a typo somewhere... Thanks for
you help!

Joe