[kde-linux] globally using an input method engine

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Nov 4 09:23:04 UTC 2005

On Friday 04 November 2005 10:12, Joe Friedrichsen wrote:

> How does ~/.kde/env differ from ~/.kde/Autostart? At the moment,

Things in .kde/Autostart are launched, files in .kde/env are sourced, i.e.
they become part of the shell environment that executes startkde.

The files themselves can be plain text files, but the extension has to be .sh

The directories usually don't exist yet as they are not needed:
kde-config --path exe | sed s#bin#env#g

> create and populate it. Also, when is the exact moment those scripts are
> executed: when KDE first starts (so a once and over-and-done-with event)
> or each time KDE launches an app (by instance)?/ /I suppose the
> difference isn't really visible at run time so long as the variables are
> set before the application starts...

At KDE startup, quite early in the processing of the startkde script.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>