[kde-linux] XMMS, other apps, and the kde system tray

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Jul 26 16:28:29 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 15:45, Matt `da Wolf wrote:

> in the taskbar. I've given it some thought and there are some other apps
> that could use this feature. Instead of becoming a XMMS issue, I thought
> I'd ask if there are programs that pin things to the system tray in KDE
> or if there are plans to build such a feature. Thunderbird could

Usually this is part of the application's resposibility.
If XMMS doesn't allow this (IMHO very unlikely, all the other players I have
can do this) it might be a design/usability decision of the respective
developers.

However you could try working with ksystraycmd:
http://people.fruitsalad.org/phil/kde/userguide-tng/windows-how-to-work.html#advanced-window-management

For media players there is also the option to use the player control applet
which should also work with XMMS.

Cheers,
Kevin
--