[kde-linux] kmail doesn't filter spam with spamassassin

andrew kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 26 14:56:59 UTC 2005

On Monday 25 July 2005 20:29, christophe wrote:
> My deduction is : kmail is not doing what it should do since there should
> be spam flags in the message headers triggered by the 'Pipe Through' filter
> action.

There are when you install it properly .

> or there must be something i did
> wrong.
Most definitely...

All kmail does is run the filters; if your filters are not set up correctly
then of course it wont work. Having said that it seems an awfully long time
ago that kmail introduced an option to install spamassasin filters
automatically so that people dont have to do it manually with old guides and
howtos....
    Yes; I just checked... It was in the 1.6x cvs builds and released in
version 1.7 with kde3.3.0.    So is there any reason why you can't just go to
your kmail tools menu and choose the antispam wizard and let it install
correctly working filters for you?

--
Regards,
andrew.