[kde-linux] Still cannot run kde3.4.1

andrew kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 24 06:05:54 UTC 2005

On Sunday 17 July 2005 21:19, David Baron wrote:
> I set the paths in /etc/profile (Debian). Which on kde apps cites the ones
> on my home subdirectory. The old 3.3.2 come up. So ... what to do?

Two points;
When you set the paths you must make sure that the new kde is referenced
before the old kde especially where the old kde is in a system standard path
like /usr/bin so your path scripts should be similiar to the following;

export PATH="/home/david/kde341/bin:/$PATH"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/david/kde341/lib:/$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export KDEDIR=/home/david/

the other is as JRT makes in his reply to you.

--
regards,

andrew.