[kde-linux] Still cannot run kde3.4.1

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun Jul 17 18:32:22 UTC 2005

David Baron wrote:
> I set the paths in /etc/profile (Debian). Which on kde apps cites the
> ones on my home subdirectory. The old 3.3.2 come up. So ... what to
> do?

Are you starting KDE with KDM?

If so, make sure that you are running the correct KDM.  Set the full
path in /etc/inittab or wherever it is set in your distro's scripts.

KDM will reset the paths before it runs Xsession.  Check that they are
set correctly in "kdmrc".

Then Xsession must source /etc/profile either by running as a login
script or by doing it explicitly.  Check your Xsession script (and make
sure that you are checking the correct one).

--
JRT