[kde-linux] Choice of RealAudio plugin and application in Konqueror - help page

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Jul 15 09:12:13 UTC 2005

On Thursday 14 Jul 2005 21:28, John Hunt wrote:
> On Thursday 14 Jul 2005 21:07, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Hi, John.  I'm running the same 2005LE setup.  In the left-hand column
> > you have the option to play the program in a stand-alone real player,
> > which works fine, and konqueror seems quite happy with it.
>
> Hi Anne.  Yes, but that option is not available for Radio 3. And if
> konqueror has already started playing using the kaffeine plugin, it is
> probably doomed to crash. (I'm back in Mdk 10.0 at the moment so can't
> check that.)

I find I can get many links working with the stand-alone realplayer, but
anything that doesn't give me that option will not play.  The problem could
be with the plugin version.  Have you seen this page?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/audiohelp_nix.shtml

There are tips and links about getting it working with linux, and also request
feedback.