[kde-linux] KDE Xnest Z-ORDER

Glenn Martin lifewarped at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 09:57:25 UTC 2005

currently im using SSH and X-Forwarding to Access a Slackware 10.1
box (KDE 3.4). I find when using Xnest ( the client could be anything
ive tried OS X Tiger my Main System, CYGWIN Windows, and another
Slack Box) Windows popup on the wrong Z-Order. For Example. On V-
Desktop 1 if i run KDev and want a new project the new project dialog
loads BEHIND KDev, if i Minimize KDev (to the Panel) and then Restore
it. It runs just fine. Z-Order Corrects its self, untill another
window is spawned. This effects any and all windows. Any idea why?

Glenn