[kde-linux] Evolution is a PITA

Pollywog linux-kde at shadypond.com
Tue Dec 27 00:24:45 UTC 2005

On 12/27/2005 12:07 am, Ernie Schroder wrote:

> To clarify, I am still running KDE but evolution wants to compose emails
> for me if I click an email link in firefox.
> I closed KDE and started a gnome session andthe "gnome-control-center"
> opened as a blank window. There should be some way to set "mailto" in the
> KDE file associations, but I'm not seeing it.

I understood, but I don't believe that setting this in KDE will affect
Evolution.  You can try it.  Perhaps if you go to Control Center > File
Associations > Message > RFC822 you can do it there.
Does your KDE version have that menu in KDE Control Center?

I just tried it but it did not affect Firefox, I believe you can only change
the behavior of Firefox from a Gnomish configurator.  I don't believe Firefox
"listens" to KDE options.

8)