[kde-linux] Evolution is a PITA

Ernie Schroder schroder at ntplx.net
Tue Dec 27 00:07:23 UTC 2005

On Monday 26 December 2005 17:59, a tiny voice compelled Pollywog to write:
> On 12/26/2005 09:59 pm, Ernie Schroder wrote:
> > I've recently added some apps that brought in Evolution. Evo seems to
> > have taken over my machine and wants to become my default email app. When
> > I click an email link in firefox, I get a composer window and evolution
> > pops up. How can I change it back to kmail? I've been through the file
> > manager, but can't find "mail to" or any email apps under html. It would
> > seem that this feature is missing or moved in KDE-3.5
>
> I did not find what I thought would answer this question in "TUX" but I
> think you can set your email client with the Gnome configuration utility if
> that happens to be installed, and Firefox will use that.  If it was not
> installed when Gnome took over your machine ;)  I would not install it, but
> if it is there, I would give it a try.
>

> 8)

To clarify, I am still running KDE but evolution wants to compose emails for
me if I click an email link in firefox.
I closed KDE and started a gnome session andthe "gnome-control-center" opened
as a blank window. There should be some way to set "mailto" in the KDE file
associations, but I'm not seeing it.
--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free

 18:04:52 up 6 days,  7:09,  2 users,  load average: 0.37, 0.42, 0.28
Linux 2.6.14-gentoo-r42.6.14-r-4_new i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+