[kde-linux] Evolution is a PITA

Pollywog linux-kde at shadypond.com
Mon Dec 26 22:59:02 UTC 2005

On 12/26/2005 09:59 pm, Ernie Schroder wrote:
> I've recently added some apps that brought in Evolution. Evo seems to have
> taken over my machine and wants to become my default email app. When I
> click an email link in firefox, I get a composer window and evolution pops
> up. How can I change it back to kmail? I've been through the file manager,
> but can't find "mail to" or any email apps under html. It would seem that
> this feature is missing or moved in KDE-3.5

I did not find what I thought would answer this question in "TUX" but I think
you can set your email client with the Gnome configuration utility if that
happens to be installed, and Firefox will use that.  If it was not installed
when Gnome took over your machine ;)  I would not install it, but if it is
there, I would give it a try.

8)