[kde-linux] KDE panel...

John Burton j.c.burton at gats-inc.com
Thu Dec 22 18:19:58 UTC 2005

Greetings,

I am running a Fedora Core 4 system, and recently (yesterday) ran a "yum
upgrade" to update the various packages on my system. It ran fine with
no errors and updated around 140 packages. It upgraded kde to 3.5
(kdebase-3.5.0-1.2.fc4.kde). Everything seems okay *except* I went to
try to add "Home Folder" to the panel next to the kde menu (left hand
side). I right clicked on the panel to bring up the "Add ... to Panel"
menu, but "Home Folder" was not listed. I then looked at the kde menu
and found that "Home Folder" was listed as "Actions->System Menu-> Home
Folder". I then tried to go into the panel configuration utility
("Actions->Settings->Desktop->Panels") and interestingly enough it came
up, but had nothing on it. The window had the typical "Help",
"Defaults", "OK", "Apply", "Cancel" buttons at the bottom, but otherwise
the window was blank.

Does anyone have a suggestion here about whats going on?

John