[kde-linux] how to troubleshoot browser - http

Jan Simonson nytt at simonson.se
Thu Dec 1 21:20:06 UTC 2005

torsdagen den 1 december 2005 20.24 skrev Robert:
> It is a dns problem as Jan mentionned.
> I checked my hosts and resolv.conf that has not changed.
> Your idea to start by restarting the dsl router is a good idea.
> Also you mention ifdown ifup. Those dont exist in Redhat. I think
> ifdown is a little script that is on your system. Could you send me
> this script and I will retype it on my linux box?

You most probably have ifup/ifdown on your computer. However, it's in
sbin so you have to be root with root's path to use it directly. Type
"su -" instead of "su". Another usefull program in FC is
system-config-network where you can use a gui which might be easier.
Check your DNS settings there.

Good luck!
Jan
--