[kde-linux] Desktop doesn't synchronize with the filesystem

Nusret BALCI balcinus at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 18:07:12 UTC 2005

Hello all,
I run KDE 3.4.2 on Fedora Core 4.
Not allways, but very often, I notice that when I
create a directory from within Konsole in the Desktop
folder, or when Firefox downloads a file to Desktop,
I can't see the file/directory icon on the Desktop.
This happens most often on Desktop, but sometimes in
other Konqueror filemanager windows as well.

When I check the folder content with the command ls,
it's just there, however, no icon! But when I create
one more folder by "right click -> Create New ->...",
then I'm able to see all the icons.

Is there any way to remedy this? It seems to be a
caching issue, but I'm really new to linux and KDE
(less than a week now).

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Best regards,

Nusret