[KDE-Viê.t]tập tin cần dịch

Olivier Oriol olivier.oriol at free.fr
Wed Oct 11 08:29:15 CEST 2006

Clytie Siddall a écrit :
> Hello Olivier :)
>
> I prefer to write in Vietnamese, but I'm writing this in English,
> because it's important to assess not only your level of Vietnamese,
> but also your understanding of English, since we translate from
> English into Vietnamese. Please tell me if there's anything you don't
> understand. (I will write all further mails in Vietnamese.)
Ok, there is no problem with that. I'm afraid that my English is better
than my Vietnamese (but since I learn Vietnamese since one year it could
change in the future ;) )
I'll do the same (write this mail in english and the following in
Vietnamese)

> On 11/10/2006, at 12:51 PM, Oriol Olivier wrote:
>
>> Anh Trung nói với tôi rằng tôi nên hỏi chị cho tôi tập tin cần dịch
>> để tôi thử
>> giúp các bạn dịch KDE.
>
> ;)
>
> Trung is our reviewer. Once you have translated a file, please send it
> to him, or to Thịnh or me if he is too busy, to review your
> translation. This is normal procedure. Once your translation has been
> reviewed, it will be submitted by either Thịnh or me, because write
> access to the SVN repository is limited to one or two people in each
> team.
>
> 1. Get file
> 2. Translate file
> 3. Run checks (msgfmt -cv) [5]
> 4. Submit file for review
> 5. File is reviewed
> 6. File is committed
> 7. Original strings are updated.
> 8. Goto 1
OK, I think that I got it. Anyway, I'll try and ask if getting lost :)

> Do you use KDE 3.5? Have you installed our translation? That is a good
> way to see the vocabulary we use (vi.wiktionary.org is our official
> vocabulary), and to see what needs translating. Since the essential
> parts of KDE, for it to be included in releases, have already been
> translated, please pick any part of KDE that hasn't been done. There's
> plenty left: see our status pages for trunk (current files, will be in
> the next release) [1].
I had installed the Vietnamese translation package shipped with my
distribution but I'm not so sure that it is the last translation
released, could you tell me where I can get the last one and how install
it (as I suppose that it doesn't come as "binary" package)
Anyway, I don't know if I can running my KDE box in Vietnamese for
everyday using because I'm not always the only one using it (and they
already complain when see english words here and there ;) ), but anyway,
I'll find a solution :)

> You can download files from those status pages. Please announce on the
> list which files you have chosen, so nobody else duplicates your work.
> You can also download completed PO files, to look at the way we
> translate strings.
>
> Note that effective interface translation depends on finding
> translations that express the _meaning_ of the original string, and if
> possible are not longer than the original, especially where buttons,
> menu names etc. are concerned. Thus we use « Sửa » for "Edit" as a
> menu name or button, and for menu items, but « Chỉnh sửa » or in older
> translations, « Hiệu chỉnh » for tooltips, error messages, and any
> other explanatory text. Our technical vocabulary is even more in flux
> than most, so things will change as time goes on.
Ok, I think that if I stay tunned to the mailing list, I'll be informed
for the major politic moving.

>> Tôi sẽ cố gắng viết đúng nhưng mà nếu một ngày chị nghĩ rằng chị mất
>> quá thời
>> giân vì tôi viết sai, xin đừng ngại nói cho tôi, tôi sẽ không mất lòng !
>
> I think it's a good opportunity for both KDE-vi, and for you. You will
> learn from this, and we will benefit from your learning. ;)
Thank you chị !

> Have you worked in free-software internationalization before? If not,
> you will probably want to read some of the HowTos about PO files,
> localization terms etc. There are a few references on the KDE-vi
> homepage [2].
I never done this before. But I already heard a little bit about the
process and I'll try to dig into the documentation

> Please register with the kde-vi maiing list [3], if you haven't
> already, and monitor it for announcements and discussion. It's also
> useful to monitor kde-l18n [4], where you can ask general
> internationalization questions. Please feel free to ask any questions
> whatever on the kde-vi list. We have all been new to this at some
> stage, and have had to learn all the bits and pieces. We are quite
> happy to answer any questions.
Thank you very much. I have already register to the mailing list but not
with this adress (because this adress is a kind of "mailing-list free
adress" but now I have register in "can post but no receive" mode (as I
received with the other adress (ok it's a bit complicated but it'll work
;) ))

> Good luck with your translations, and welcome to KDE-vi. :)
Thank you, I'll pick a file and let you know!

Xin chào chị và các bạn, chúc các bạn vui vẻ !
Olivier