[KDE-Viê.t]tập tin cần dịch

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Wed Oct 11 07:17:29 CEST 2006

Hello Olivier :)

I prefer to write in Vietnamese, but I'm writing this in English,
because it's important to assess not only your level of Vietnamese,
but also your understanding of English, since we translate from
English into Vietnamese. Please tell me if there's anything you don't
understand. (I will write all further mails in Vietnamese.)

On 11/10/2006, at 12:51 PM, Oriol Olivier wrote:

> Anh Trung nói với tôi rằng tôi nên hỏi chị cho tôi
> tập tin cần dịch để tôi thử
> giúp các bạn dịch KDE.

;)

Trung is our reviewer. Once you have translated a file, please send
it to him, or to Thịnh or me if he is too busy, to review your
translation. This is normal procedure. Once your translation has been
reviewed, it will be submitted by either Thịnh or me, because write
access to the SVN repository is limited to one or two people in each
team.

1. Get file
2. Translate file
3. Run checks (msgfmt -cv) [5]
4. Submit file for review
5. File is reviewed
6. File is committed
7. Original strings are updated.
8. Goto 1

Do you use KDE 3.5? Have you installed our translation? That is a
good way to see the vocabulary we use (vi.wiktionary.org is our
official vocabulary), and to see what needs translating. Since the
essential parts of KDE, for it to be included in releases, have
already been translated, please pick any part of KDE that hasn't been
done. There's plenty left: see our status pages for trunk (current
files, will be in the next release) [1].

You can download files from those status pages. Please announce on
the list which files you have chosen, so nobody else duplicates your
work. You can also download completed PO files, to look at the way we
translate strings.

Note that effective interface translation depends on finding
translations that express the _meaning_ of the original string, and
if possible are not longer than the original, especially where
buttons, menu names etc. are concerned. Thus we use « Sửa » for
"Edit" as a menu name or button, and for menu items, but « Chỉnh
error messages, and any other explanatory text. Our technical
vocabulary is even more in flux than most, so things will change as
time goes on.

> Tôi sẽ cố gắng viết đúng nhưng mà nếu một ngày
> chị nghĩ rằng chị mất quá thời
> giân vì tôi viết sai, xin đừng ngại nói cho tôi, tôi
> sẽ không mất lòng !

I think it's a good opportunity for both KDE-vi, and for you. You
will learn from this, and we will benefit from your learning. ;)

Have you worked in free-software internationalization before? If not,
you will probably want to read some of the HowTos about PO files,
localization terms etc. There are a few references on the KDE-vi
homepage [2].

Please register with the kde-vi maiing list [3], if you haven't
already, and monitor it for announcements and discussion. It's also
useful to monitor kde-l18n [4], where you can ask general
internationalization questions. Please feel free to ask any questions
whatever on the kde-vi list. We have all been new to this at some
stage, and have had to learn all the bits and pieces. We are quite
happy to answer any questions.

> Chào chị, chúc vui vẻ !

Thankyou, I hope you enjoy yourself, too! :)

Good luck with your translations, and welcome to KDE-vi. :)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)

[1] http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk/vi/
[2] http://vi.l10n.kde.org/