[Kde-l10n-kn] A review of our recent efforts....

shankar prasad prasad.mvs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 15:04:48 CET 2008

Umesh,
Thanks for the enthu in resuming the KDE translations! I am quite keen to
indulge in the translations but I fear about the translation task to which
currently I am bound to! Right now I am doing gnome and fedora
simultaniously. Also I will be taking off from the work for more than 2
weeks in the month march (reason!!?? I ask me off you off the list! ;)) So
assign me minimal work and then if time permits I will join hands with
others task.

Also I have got a suggestion regarding bringing all the translators and
their efforts(viz gnome, KDE, fedora, mozilla, openoffice, etc) onto a
single platform. As for now there are many translators doing the translation
tasks sepertely and uniquely. There are some inconsistance in the
words/phrases used across the various applications, for example "password"
has been translated as ಪ್ರವೇಶಪದ(praveshapada) in some cases and ಗುಪ್ತಪದ
(gupthapada) in some cases. So to avoid these type of issues we can think
of  bringing all the interactions regadring translations in a single portal
like sampada.net and making dev.sampada.net as central source for all the
kannada translation efforts and discuss. Infact I am not perticular about
sampada, but since I think, it is a quite popular and active discussion
board for all kannada related things. Please drop your comments.

ಏನಂತೀರ!?

Thanks for understanding

Shankar Prasad