[Kde-l10n-kn] KDE 4 with Kannada translations is up and working!

Siddharudh P T siddharudh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 16:42:51 CEST 2007

Great News.

For making the KDE4 apps with translations (or any X app) available over a
network here are my suggestions

1) Run VNC server on the machine with KDE4 + translations setup and connect
to that using vncviewer. (Alt+F2 and vnc://machine_ip:display in KDE). This
is a good solution if majority of the viewers use M$ Windows.

2) The better one if you (the viewers) are on Linux (KDE or GNOME or any
desktop). Run SSH server on the machine with "KDE4 + translations setup" and
connect to that using "ssh -X <kde4_user>@<kde4_machine_ip>". Once logged in
you can type the command for your app (konqueror, kcontrol etc) and see it
on your own desktop. I simply love "ssh -X". It's the power of X window
system that we can't see in M$ Windows.  (Windows has rdesktop which is
almost similar to vnc, but I haven't seen ssh -X like feature in Windows
yet. Correct/Update me if I am wrong).

Best regards,
Siddharudh