[Kde-l10n-kn] Fwd: For the ease of all translators

Umesh Rudrapatna umeshrs at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 13:16:31 CEST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Umesh Rudrapatna <umeshrs at gmail.com>
Date: Aug 25, 2007 4:44 PM
Subject: For the ease of all translators
To: kumbla_mahesh at yahoo.co.in, psonkar at gmail.com, umeshrs at gmail.com, adarsha
rao <adarsharao at gmail.com>, Girish P Mirji <gpmirji at gmail.com>, Manu B <
iammanu at gmail.com>, paresh <paresh.kalyan at gmail.com>, ramaprakash bayadi <
prakashbayadi at yahoo.co.in>, Shankar Prasad <svenkate at redhat.com>, Siddharudh
P T <siddharudh at gmail.com>, Sudarshan onkar <sudarshan.onkar at gmail.com>

Snehitare,
Now, as we have decided to use as many instances of translations from the
standards recommended, I felt that it was a pain to wade through all the
suggested translations to find which was the one to be used (amidst a
plethora of file names). So, I have rolled up all non-standard files I have
(the files in po_files_repository, including the latest submissions of
translators), in to one non_standard_compendium.po. Similarly, the 4 files
on standards have been rolled into KDE_STANDARD_COMPENDIUM.po.

Now, a translator has two choices. Either use both together in the
translation database and choose only what comes from
KDE_STANDARD_COMPENDIUM.po, or have separate database folders (possible to
set in kbabel at least) for each of the files. We can go through  two
passes. One, with the standards database first, and then, for those that
remain untranslated, with the non_standard databse.

In any case, I request everybody to delete your existing databses and load
only these two files. We will lose nothing, but it will help a lot in
achieving consistency. I am send the files only to current translators, so
that I wont be spamming others.

vandanegaLu,
umesh