[Kde-kiosk] Foreign Icons in kde-profile

Michael Manke michael.manke at ba-sz.berlin.de
Thu Apr 16 14:15:40 CEST 2009

Hi Daniel,

--
I've solved immutable Desktop settings by following actions/entries:
in KIOSK profile: kdeglobals

and for all Users run the following commands:
rm /home/<user>/.Desktop/*.desktop
chown -R root:users /home/<user>/.Desktop
chmod -R 750 /home/<user>/.Desktop
rm -r /home/<user>/Desktop
rm /home/<user>/.kde/share/apps/kdesktop/IconPositions*

Now the users have no selfmade Desktop-Icons and no rights to change this.

If you want to add som Icons for all Users, i.e. Trash,  you can put them in
the restricted KIOSK profile:
./share/apps/kdesktop/Desktop/trash.desktop
and all Users will have the immutable Trash-Icon.

For individual Icons simply copy a special xxx.desktop
into /home/<user>/.Desktop/ .

Best Regards,

Micha

Michael Manke
IT15
Bezirksamt Steglitz-Zehlendorf von Berlin
Kirchstr. 1/3
14163 Berlin
Tel.: +49 30 90299 8705
Fax.: +49 30 90299 8799