[Kde-kiosk] Foreign Icons in kde-profile

Daniel Spannbauer ds at marco.de
Thu Apr 16 14:25:02 CEST 2009

Michael Manke schrieb:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On Thursday 16 April 2009 09:58, Daniel Spannbauer wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've have build a KDE-Profile. at the moment 50 User are working with
>> it. But when I create a new User there are some Icons on his Desktop
>> which are not from my profile. And the KDE-Language ist English instead
>> of the configured germen.
>>
>> Can somebody tel me where these Icons are from? An why there is the
>> wrong language?
>>
>> System is opensuse 10.2, KDE 3.5.2.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Daniel
>
 > I've solved immutable Desktop settings by following actions/entries:
 > in KIOSK profile: kdeglobals
 > [Paths][$i]
 > Desktop=$HOME/.Desktop/
 > Documents=$HOME/Documents/
 > Trash=$HOME/Trash/
 >
 > and for all Users run the following commands:
 > rm /home/<user>/.Desktop/*.desktop
 > chown -R root:users /home/<user>/.Desktop
 > chmod -R 750 /home/<user>/.Desktop
 > rm -r /home/<user>/Desktop
 > rm /home/<user>/.kde/share/apps/kdesktop/IconPositions*
 >

 > Now the users have no selfmade Desktop-Icons and no rights to change
 > > this.
 >
 > If you want to add som Icons for all Users, i.e. Trash,  you can put
 > > them in
 > the restricted KIOSK profile:
 > ./share/apps/kdesktop/Desktop/trash.desktop
 > and all Users will have the immutable Trash-Icon.
 >
 > For individual Icons simply copy a special xxx.desktop
 > into /home/<user>/.Desktop/ .

Hello Michael,

the problem are not self-made Icons, the users should have the right to
make Icons.
But wen I create a new User with useradd, the users is assigned to a
profile and the user logged in the first time, there are icons which are
not in my profile. Don't know where the icons are from...

Regards

Daniel

--
Daniel Spannbauer                         Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH  Tel   +49 8333 9233-27 Fax -11
http://www.marco.de/                      Email ds at marco.de
Geschäftsführer Martin Reuter             HRB 171775 Amtsgericht München