[Kde-kiosk] SLAC: locking down konsole

Brobeck, Kenneth brobeck at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 20 19:55:04 CET 2008

Hi Jasper,

Thanks,  the kdeglobals already had the kicker_rmb set to false...

I noticed that if you start up an ssh session -via icon- to start an application on another server and need to type a password that the shell that is brought up has no menu bar, but it doesn't stop the user from right-clicking on the konsole and either adding the menubar or starting another konsole.  Thus gaining access to the server.

I relieved this issue by creating ssh keys without a password so the konsole does not need to be brought up at all.

It would be nice to be able to bring up a konsole without the menubar and the right-click menu to lock down a konsole if needed.