[Kde-kiosk] SLAC: locking down konsole

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 21:28:10 CET 2008

Hello,

In KDE 3, you can stop the right click menu from being opened by
blocking the "action/konsole_rmb" action using the standard methods
for restricting actions in KDE:

http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=KDE_System_Administration/Kiosk/Introduction#KDE_Action_Restrictions

In KDE 4, Konsole uses the standard KDE XML resource files for menus (
$KDEDIR/share/apps/konsole/konsoleui.rc , sessionui.rc , partui.rc
(embedded terminals only) ).  Removing entries from there will remove
the corresponding menu items.  Alternatively you can leave those files
as is and use them instead to find out the names of actions which can
be removed using the Kiosk tools mentioned earlier.  The only entries
which I believe cannot be locked down at the ones on the context menu
to Open/Copy links in the text.

Regards,
Robert.