[Kde-kiosk] Unable to create fish://root at localhost...

Jordi Espasa Clofent jordi.listas at multivia.com
Tue Jan 24 16:18:51 CET 2006

> Another late response. Looks like nobody answered it yet. Is this problem
> still there?

Yes. Finally I installed SUSE 10 and all works fine now. However, I'm very
interested to install Mandriva with kiosktool again.

> On Monday 12 December 2005 12:07, Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
> > The problem is when I want to create a new profile for a any user, I
> > always get the same error next to entry root password:
> >
> > 	Unable to create ~/new_profile_name/.kdeprofile, because is
> > 	unable to create fish://root@localhost~/profile/.kdeprofile/../.././
>
> That URL looks fishy (pun not intended) though. If I try to go to
> fish://root@localhost~/profile/ on my system I get the (expected) message
> "Could not connect to host localhost~." The tilde looks wrong here. Is this
> a copy-paste error or is this really the error as you are getting it?

In fact, the own system (Mandriva 2006 in that case) puts that tilde.
I've tried to fix the problem removing the tilde

Without a tilde kiosktool allows to create new profiles, but problem remains
in same sense: when I set up the new profile and kiosktool save the changes,
I get same error again.

I don't understand why.

--
Salut,