[Kde-kiosk] Unable to create fish://root at localhost...

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Jan 19 15:48:50 CET 2006

Hi Jordi,

Another late response. Looks like nobody answered it yet. Is this problem
still there?

On Monday 12 December 2005 12:07, Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
> The problem is when I want to create a new profile for a any user, I always
> get the same error next to entry root password:
>
> 	Unable to create ~/new_profile_name/.kdeprofile, because is
> 	unable to create fish://root@localhost~/profile/.kdeprofile/../.././

That URL looks fishy (pun not intended) though. If I try to go to
fish://root@localhost~/profile/ on my system I get the (expected) message
"Could not connect to host localhost~." The tilde looks wrong here. Is this a
copy-paste error or is this really the error as you are getting it?