[Kde-kiosk] Building kiosktool on Debian: checking for libXext... no

Don Robertson don at robertson.net.nz
Tue Feb 14 06:19:33 CET 2006

Greetings,

I am trying to build Kiosktool on a Debian 3.1r0a, but I am getting an error
in the configure script. I would like to know what the requirements are to
build this thing.

checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... no
checking for libXext... no
configure: error: We need a working libXext to proceed. Since configure
can't find it itself, we stop here assuming that make wouldn't find
them either.

I have installed libxext6, libxext6-dbg and libxext6-dev.

I have seen a post about installing XFree86-devel, but do not seem to have it
on my Debian DVD's. (or xserver-xfree86-dev

So where is libXext... ?

don
--
Don Robertson